NEW ORLEANS, LA (October 24, 2019)
Who: The Sazerac House, an immersive, spirited experience in the heart of downtown New Orleans, along with drink historians and culinary partners
What: To invite guests to learn more about spirits and the way they were developed and can be paired with food and other beverages, the Sazerac House is launching a series of tastings and seminars held inside the newly opened tasting rooms. Tastings and seminars are open to the public with a small admission fee, and also give guests an opportunity to experience a special guided tour of the Sazerac House.
The Series Includes:
- Drink & Learn: Apothecaries
- Discover how bitters traveled from the medicine cabinet to the bar, and taste a variety of bitters to appreciate the complexity and variety they bring to a cocktail. $30 per person. Hosted by Drinks Historian Elizabeth Pearce.
- Drink & Learn: Rye & Bourbon
- Taste the difference between these two whiskey siblings and learn how they can shine in a variety of cocktails. $30 per person. Hosted by Drinks Historian Elizabeth Pearce.
- Cocoa & Cocktails: Whiskey and Chocolate Pairing
- From cocoa bean to oak barrel, learn why chocolate and whiskey is a pairing steeped in craft and tradition. $30 per person. Featuring Piety & Desire Chocolate.
- Strike Down Social: A Celebration of Repeal Day
- Discover the lore and legend of boozy personalities and Prohibition-era cocktails while learning how New Orleans remained the “wettest city in America.” Hosted by Drinks Historian Hannah Griggs.
- Drink & Learn: Creole Holiday Cocktails
- Discover how early Creoles celebrated with friends and family in their New Orleans homes by serving dazzling holiday drinks as a toast to the season. $30 per person. Hosted by Drinks Historian Elizabeth Pearce.
- Cheers to Cheese: Whiskey and Cheese Pairing
- Taste your way through an assortment of cheese expertly paired with American whiskies and cocktails. $30 per person. Featuring St. James Cheese Co.
101 Magazine Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
When: Current dates for this series are:
- October 31, 2019: Drink & Learn: Apothecaries
- November 14, 2019: Drink & Learn: Rye & Bourbon
- November 19, 2019: Cocoa & Cocktails: Whiskey and Chocolate Pairing
- December 5, 2019: Strike Down Social: A Celebration of Repeal Day
- December 12, 2019: Drink & Learn: Creole Holiday Cocktails
- December 17, 2019: Cheers to Cheese: Whiskey
Why: Designed for guests who want to enhance their knowledge of different areas of the spirits world and cocktail culture, the Sazerac House events series offers experts, fine spirits and, for pairings sessions, delicious culinary complements to Sazerac Company products.
How: Tickets are available online at https://saz.trumpetlab.com/events/upcoming-events/ and cost $30 for each event. All guests must be 21 to participate, 18-person maximum capacity for each event.
About the Sazerac Company
Sazerac is one of America’s oldest family owned, privately held distillers with operations in the United States in Louisiana, Kentucky, Indiana, Virginia, Tennessee, Maine, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Maryland, California, and global operations in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, India, Australia and Canada. For more information on Sazerac, please visit www.sazerac.com.
About the Sazerac House
Standing proudly in a historic building at the corner of Canal and Magazine, and just a short stroll from the original 1850s era Sazerac Coffeehouse, the Sazerac House is an immersive exploration of the spirited culture of New Orleans. Featuring three floors of interactive exhibits across 48,000 square feet, including private event venues, an on-site Sazerac Rye distillery, and Peychaud’s Bitters production facility, the Sazerac House welcomes visitors to experience New Orleans history through the stories of its cocktails. For more information on the Sazerac House, please visit www.sazerachouse.com.
Here’s to warm welcomes and kind regards.